Energy Efficiency Platform
At Opower, I played an integral role in designing a suite of products that help consumers save energy and lower their utility bills.
View Case Study
- Planned and conducted user research
Developed personas, strategies, and feature concepts
Contributed designs for 15 releases
Utility Rate Comparison Tool
At Opower, I was part of a small team that designed a web interface to help utility consumers understand various pricing plans.
Final product launched to 5 million users, resulting in reduced peak energy use.
- Iterative design, copywriting, and usability testing
- Collaborated with client stakeholders
Seasonal Energy Report
At Opower, I led the redesign process of a feature that encourages users to lower their heating and cooling costs.
The improved design resulted in substantial reductions in seasonal energy costs for over 2 million users.
- Conducted user interviews, identified opportunities for improvement.
- Led iterative design and usability testing
- Collaborated with product managers, visual design, and engineers
Part of a small team responsible for designing a new product from concept to launch: a web application that allows businesses to manage store location content to appear on navigation apps and devices.
- Led user research to develop strategies segmented by business and user type
- Contributed information architecture, task flows, wireframes, & visual design
IU Energy Challenge
Spearheaded the creation of a contest for Indiana University dormitories that utilizes social influence to reduce energy use.
In the first four years alone the contest saved over $1 million in utility costs and prevented 10k metric tons of carbon emissions.
- Conceived and pitched concept to university administration
- Organized contest in collaboration w/ utilities staff and student leaders
- Designed and coded website visualizing consumption data